Year 2 Toucans have been learning about the dangers of medicines and household substances such as washing up liquid and bleach.
They know that they shouldn’t eat or drink any of these things. They discussed in pairs what they would do if they found tablets in the playground or if they felt ill, who was allowed to give them medication.
The children were very sensible and knew not to eat or drink household cleaners that may be under the sink. As a class, they looked at different products with symbols to show how dangerous they were.
Oliver – Don’t drink bleach it will make you ill or die.
Kenzie – Don’t touch things in case they are poisonous. The skull and crossbones symbol meant Toxic.
Paige – If you have little brothers and sisters make sure they don’t swallow anything. If they do, tell an adult.